Know all about the UK drink driving penalty. Driving while intoxicated is strictly prohibited by applicable laws. If you do this, you may end up in jail. At the same time, many drivers can drink before they go anywhere by car. They believe that a small amount of alcohol will not affect their ability to drive, but this is not the case. Such a decision can lead to many unpleasant consequences and accidents. So there is the UK drink driving penalty that will help to punish drunk drivers.
Why is drunk driving dangerous?
Safe driving implies a complete understanding of what is happening on the road. The driver must constantly carefully monitor what is happening on the way to avoid unpleasant situations. Alcohol intoxication affects the ability to assess the situation sensibly. Even if the driver feels sober, his attention is still scattered. Under the current law, certain restrictions and fines are established for those drivers who drive while intoxicated.
If you exceed the established limit of alcohol consumption, the driver will have to pay a fine. It is so essential to comply with all established restrictions and norms to avoid unpleasant consequences for yourself.
Penalties for drunk drivers
While drunk driving, the driver can get into an unpleasant situation. For example, through his fault, an emergency can be caused, which will lead to undesirable consequences. Among the main penalties for drivers who have been found driving while intoxicated are:
- Imprisonment. For drunk driving, you can get a sentence of up to fourteen years in some cases. It is especially true for those cases that led to fatal effects. It is essential to follow all the rules and regulations to avoid such unpleasant consequences in the future.
- Disqualification. The driver may be deprived of his driver’s license for an extended period. The term is set depending on the complexity of the particular case. For example, if someone is injured in an accident, the driver’s license is taken away.
- Large fine. In many cases, drunk driving is subject to penalties. The amount depends on many different factors, so it is set individually for each violator of traffic rules.
- The arrest of the vehicle. The driver might be deprived of his car if his behavior led to an accident. You need to be tested first to make a decision.
- Conviction. In some situations, the consequences can be more serious. You can get penalty points, a criminal record, and the fact that the driver will never drive again due to a lack of confidence in him.
If the driver is guilty, then he faces punishment. The amount of the penalty and the nature of the punishment largely depend on the specifics of the particular case.
Drunk driving is quite dangerous, as it can lead to a disaster and leave an imprint, taking away his driver’s license. If you received only a fine as a result of an accident or other unpleasant situation, you are in luck. If the driver is found guilty, he can be imprisoned for a sufficiently long period. It is essential to understand all legislative norms to avoid unpleasant consequences for yourself in the future.